Monday, March 16, 2009

Training and Diet

Training is important, but diet trumps training by a large factor. You can get big and strong eating almost anything (ref: Dave Tate), but you'll also be fat. Conversely, you can train as hard as humanly possible but if you fuel your body with crap, you'll never shape up like you want to. My nutritionist even went so far as to say that getting lean (or mass gaining) is 80% nutrition and 20% training.

My goal of 7-8% body fat isn't unrealistic, and some might call my micromanagement of my diet obsessive or extreme, but the fact that it is attainable makes it easy for me to adhere to my program. Also, eating six meals a day can be time consuming, but it helps avoid cravings and keeps me in an anabolic state.

Here's an outline of how I'll be zig-zagging my carbs -

1 comment:

bogie said...

www.crossfit.com

do it

how bout you set me up with a diet kit each week and text me what you're eating each time you're eating.

hell you could start a business if you have moderate success! i'm going to start posting our pics from quintero when you start looking too swoll/cut/thinsperational

http://www.pro-thinspo.com/proanatipsandtricksindexpage.html